NorthWest Building Inspections, Inc. is a locally-owned and operated commercial and residential inspection company that has grown over the years primarily through referrals from satisfied customers and trusted real estate professionals. Regardless of the size or nature of the project, we are committed to providing our clients the highest level of property evaluation necessary to make informed decisions in a timely manner. While we win customers with our extensive experience and technical expertise, we strive to maintain long-term relationships through honesty and consistency.
Whether you are purchasing a home, a multi-story office building, a 100+ unit multi-family housing complex or anything in between, we would love the opportunity to exceed your expectations and add you to our long list of satisfied customers.
Read more about our Commercial Building Inspections or Home Inspections to see how we may be able to serve you.
After gaining 14 years of experience in almost every aspect of residential and commercial construction, which included framing and supervising crews for large residential developments, owning and operating a framing, siding, and finish carpentry company specializing in high-end custom homes, and supervising the construction of large commercial projects, including schools in the remote reaches of the Arctic Circle, Mr. Linde decided it was time to channel the knowledge he had gained during those years into what is now Northwest Building Inspections, Inc.
Since the company’s inception in 2002 (formerly known as National Property Inspections), Mr. Linde has performed thousands of inspections in the Greater Seattle area and all-around Washington State. Residential properties inspected range from condos to multi-million dollar luxury single-family residences. Commercial properties inspected include strip malls, large hotels, 100,000+ sqft industrial buildings, office buildings, 300+ unit multi-family housing, and adult care facilities.
Mr. Linde also provides expert opinions for legal disputes pertaining to building codes, construction quality control issues, and the American’s with Disability Act (ADA) standards.
- International Code Council (ICC) - Certified Commercial Building Inspector - ICC #5288429-B2
- ICC Certified Accessibility Inspector/Plans Examiner - ICC #5288429-21
- ICC Certified Property Maintenance and Housing Inspector - ICC #5288429-64
- ICC Certified Residential Building Inspector - ICC #5288429-B1
- ICC Certified Residential Mechanical Inspector - ICC #5288429-M1
- ICC Certified Residential Plumbing Inspector - ICC #5288429-P1
- ICC Certified Residential Electrical Inspector - ICC #5288429-E1
- Washington State Licensed Home Inspector - License #314
- International Association of Certified Home Inspectors - NACHI04021105
- Washington State Licensed Structural Pest Inspector #64842
- ASHI Certified Inspector #211624 (American Society of Home Inspectors)
- Building Performance Institute - Certified Building Analyst
- Certified Verifier for Energy Star New Construction in Washington State
- Certified MoistureFree Warranty Inspector EIFS / Stucco
- Exterior Design Institute Certified Third Party EIFS Inspector and Moisture Analyst - EDI #WA-38
- UPCS Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Certified Inspector 2002-2005
- Member of International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI)
- Member of International Code Council (ICC)
TRAINING and CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Completed Roofing Consultants Institute's Roofing Technology and Science 1 course
- Completed Applications in Thermography
- Completed Exterior Design Institute's certification course for inspecting Exterior Insulated Finish Systems (EIFS)
- Completed Moisture Free Warranty Corporation's certification course for inspecting Exterior Insulated Finish Systems (EIFS)
- Completed Carson Dunlop's Commercial Inspection Course
- Completed Home Energy Rater Training and the RESNET National Rater Exam
- Completed Washington State University Extension Energy Program Verifier Training Program
- Trained in arctic and cold weather home building
- Completed EPA/AHERA Asbestos Abatement certification course
- Completed the Uniform Physical Condition Standards (UPCS) certification course for inspecting HUD properties
- Attended 2-day course - Gas and Oil Heating Appliance Seminar for Inspectors